Two Manchester graduates have been missing on Ben Nevis for over 48 hours

The Mountain Rescue Team are looking for them

Tim Newton, 27, and his girlfriend, Rachel Slater, 24, both from the Bradford area, went missing whilst climbing the Scottish mountain on Sunday morning.

The couple are well travelled and experienced climbers, but the weather on Ben Nevis was treacherous this weekend.

Lochaber Mountain Rescue Team posted on Facebook: “We are looking for some assistance in respect of two missing climbers on Ben Nevis.

“Can anyone who was climbing/walking on Ben Nevis over the last weekend may have seen a couple in their 20’s who were camped in green tent immediately behind the CIC hut.

“If you have any information can you please call Police Scotland on 101 and ask for Fort William police. Thank you.”

A photograph of the couple was posted by the Highland & Islands Police Division

They are thought to have been wearing the outfits seen in the above photograph and will be a key part in finding out what has happened to the couple.

Other climbers of Ben Nevis have been helping the Lochaber Mountain Rescue Team and one has said he saw a couple matching their description by their tent on Sunday morning.

Rachel graduated from the University of Manchester with a BSc (Hons) in Environmental Science and is currently employed as a mineral, waste and environmental consultant near Bradford.

Tim, originally from Leicester, also lives in Bradford and studied Physics at the University of Manchester and the University Leeds.

Anyone with any information is urged to call Police Scotland on 101 and ask for Fort William police.