Another woman raped in the city centre

The attack happened near the gay village

This weekend, another woman was raped in Manchester. 

The 39 year-old victim had been out with friends in the gay village on Sunday night before being attacked on a towpath near the canal.

Standing outside the AXM Bar she was approached by a man and then proceeded to walk with him down Princess street.

They walked down the side of a multi-storey carpark before he raped her.

The attack took place at around 4am on Sunday the 8th of November leaving the woman “traumatised”.

The police have now released CCTV footage of two men they believe to be connected to the incident.

The first is described as being white, in his mid twenties with fair hair, a slim build and is 6ft tall, he was wearing a dark parka jacket.

The second individual is also white and in his mid twenties, with short dark hair.

The two individuals are pictured together below.

The incident is the latest attack in string of a recent sexual assaults in Manchester, both in the city centre and in the Fallowfield and Withington areas.

The police said:  “We have launched a rape investigation, and are currently studying CCTV to see who is responsible for this horrendous crime.

“We believe the two men may have been known to each other.”

Since the event, the police claim to have stepped up patrols in the city centre area.

Appealing to the public they said: “If you believe you witnessed the attack or have any information, that may help us I would urge you to contact us as soon as possible.”

Anyone with information should phone police on 0161 856 1911 or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.