Oh na na: Gen Sec hopeful covers Rihanna’s ‘What’s my name’

Her name is actually Naa

An SU candidate called Naa has made her own version of Rihanna’s (Oh Na Na) “What’s my name?”.

But instead of strutting around the lower east side of New York, Naa is on Oxford Road telling students what they can expect if she wins Gen Sec.

The remake of the 2010 RnB jam establishes Naa as the triple threat: providing strong policies, strong vocals and a strong camera presence.

It is hard not to be beguiled by this potential student union general secretary.

Who knew that mixing the tunes of songs by the Beatles, Akon and Rihanna would prove to be so bloody catchy? Naa did.

Naa promises more student engagement with Gen Sec surgeries and will close the BME (Black and Minority Ethnic) attainment gap, on top of making all students more aware of the resources available to the Union.

The Tab spoke to Naa about her video, and she told us: “I became obsessed with student elections videos, so I decided to make my own.

“Finally everyone singing Naa songs at me all my life came in very handy!

“I wrote the lyrics and sang the whole song so I’m really proud of how it turned out.

“A massive thanks goes out to Rodolpho, Edvinas and Victor for all their help!”

You can find out more about Naa’s manifesto at: www.votenaa4gensec.com