Police hunt man who asked girls if he could suck their used tampons

They have released this e-fit

Manchester police are hunting a man who stopped students and asked if he could suck on their bloody tampons.

On 19th November, in six separate incidents, the man shouted  “Excuse me, do you have a dirty tampon that I can suck?” as he rode his bike on the pavement.

Now police have released an e-fit of man who they want to speak to.

Have you seen this man?

The bearded, middle-aged man approached all his victims within three hours in Rusholme and Fallowfield in south Manchester.

The women say they were targeted between 7.30am and 10.30am by a man on a bicycle.

As he has got closer, he asked if asked about their menstrual cycle and whether he could suck on their bloodied tampons before riding off.

Officers believe the same man is responsible for similar incidents in October, on Oxford Road near Manchester’s eye hospital.

The offender was described as white, in his 40s or 50s, around 6ft tall, of medium build with auburn coloured beard and brown hair.

Police have released an efit of the offender and appealed for witnesses to come forward.

PC Jacob Hunt said: “This man has approached six women and made the comments. Although no one has been physically hurt, the victims have been left distressed.

“We believe the same man approached a woman on Grangethorpe Road in Fallowfield on October 11, and has also been seen going up to woman near to the eye hospital on Oxford Road.

“I would ask anyone who may recognise the person in the efit or believe they may have been a victim to this man to come forward and speak to us. It is likely he has gone up to more women in the area and the matter has not been reported.”

Anyone with any information should phone police on either  0161 856 4973 or 101. They can also provide information to Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.