Hockey freshers lube up and slide across Squirrels dancefloor

Peer pressure is a slippery slope

A team of hapless Hockey players slathered themselves in lube and slid across the floor of Squirrels after losing a game of spoofs. 

Wednesday night AU antics took a slimy turn for the worse when the losers took part in a super slide across the dancefloor for a crowd of cheering onlookers.

Players who lost were made to smear themselves in lube in the loos before taking the floor to race on their bellies.

Spoof is a game where players guess how many coins everyone is holding in a circle – if you get it right you’re out before you down your drink. The last person to be in the game has to do a forfeit.

Earlier that evening, freshers in the Hockey Society were spotted in the Squirrels’ men’s room, naked, applying lube to each other.

Naturally, onlookers had expected a rather more erotic outcome.

Instead, the forfeit was for freshers to hurl themselves across Squirrels in competition to gain the most distance.

What more could a nervous fresher want than establishing himself on the ‘legend’-radar early on in the semester?

Rodney Ravu, who filmed this spectacle, said: “Genius.

“It just shows that giving into peer pressure is a slippery slope.”

Adam Kitchin said: “If Carlsberg did drinking games.”

After heated debate, post-slide analysis has confirmed that a strong run-up and clean takeoff result in greatest distance and ultimately biggest Ladship.