ANOTHER girl dragged into an alley and raped in Fallowfield

She was walking down Ladybarn Lane at 11.30pm Friday

Another girl has been dragged into an alley and raped as she walked down Ladybarn Lane.

The 22-year-old was attacked by a stranger while walking home from a friend’s house between 11.30pm on Friday and 12.17am on Saturday.

Another vile attack in Fallowfield

She was walking along Ladybarn Lane when she was approached by a stranger from behind.

He then grabbed her and dragged her into a nearby alleyway where he raped her.

The incident happened between 11.30pm on Friday evening and 12.17am on Saturday morning.

The suspect is described as a 20-30 year old black man with a light skin tone. He was wearing a grey hoodie and is around 6ft tall.

The traumatised victim is now receiving support from specially trained officers.

Detective Inspector Tanya Kitchen, of GMP’s Serious Sexual Offences Unit, said: “Residents will no doubt be concerned as to what has happened in their local neighbourhood but I want to reassure them that we have a team of detectives working on the investigation and have specially trained officers supporting the victim.

“I am now asking for anyone who may have witnessed the attack to please get in touch. Were you driving or walking near to where the incident took place and see anything suspicious?”

“We also have increased patrols in the area to provide reassurance in the community.”

Fallowfield

And this is yet another rape case in frightening spate of attacks in the area.

30 rape cases involving students have been reported this term, with one student being raped whilst walking down the same road and another attacked by a fake taxi driver on the Oxford Road.

Students have been left terrified to walk alone at night, one third year even told The Tab “I’m too scared to put the bins out at night”.

Ex Manchester student Grace Vielma said: “This is terrifying.

“I lived on Ladybarn Lane last year and would never have thought twice about walking back from a friend’s at this time of night.”

Daisy, a third year who lives near Ladybarn Lane was just as shocked: “I can’t believe this has happened again.”

“I never go anywhere without pepper spray and a rape alarm, we’re all just so paranoid now – and for good reason.”

Police are also appealing for anyone with any information to call officers on 0161 856 1983 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111