Brazen driver blocks off pavement in front of Mega Chicken

It was chaos

Astonished crowds gathered outside Mega Chicken last night as a defiant driver parked his car just metres from the takeaway – blocking almost the entire pavement. 

The silver hatchback was left on the pavement on Wilmslow Road outside the popular takeaway, directly opposite the Oak House.

The shameless driver was then slapped with a fixed penalty notice by police after the car was found dumped just TWO metres from the door.

But not before they were shamed by traffic police on Twitter.

Manchester traffic officers tweeted a photo at 10.36pm and added: “This driver has been given a ticket by Traffic PCSOS for unnecessary Obstruction.”

Students have also expressed their disgust at the event. Linguistics student Laura said: “What a shit driver”

A second year Planning student said: “That’s probably the most expensive trip to the shops they’ve had, they better have made it a worthwhile visit.”

Followers gave their reaction, one Tweeted: “@gmptraffic nice work. There’s similar easy pickings on Great Ancoats Street outside takeaways from Blossom St to Corporation St.”

Another added: “look at that queue of people unable to get past!”