Woman slammed against wall and threatened with rape in city centre in yet another attack

She was grabbed by the throat this morning

A woman was thrust against the wall and threatened with rape in the city centre this morning. 

In the latest in a string of recent attacks, the attacker pounced on the 25-year-old woman on Mirabel Street, near the Arena.

She was grabbed by the throat before he made threatened to rape and kill her at around 8.30am.

Mirabel Street, the scene of the attack

Luckily two passers by ran over to help and the attacker fled the scene, but the woman has been left “traumatised.”

The attacker has been described as Asian, of medium build, aged 26/7, with large eyes, black shaven hair and a a full face beard and moustache shaved to stubble.

He was also wearing a silver and blue wrist watch on his left wrist, a black hooded jacket, and black Nike gloves with a white Nike tick on the back of them.

And it’s the latest in a spate of attacks across the city.

This weekend a girl was dragged into an alley and brutally raped in Fallowfield on her way home from a night out and back in freshers’ there was a student was raped by a man posing as a taxi driver after Pangaea.

The alley in which the Whitby/Filey road attack took place

Although there is no evidence the attacks are related, students are worrying more than ever for their safety.

One terrified student said: “The problem is all these things keep happening and we’re all saying we’ll get taxis and get walked home, but all it takes is one time when you’ve had a few drinks and you’ll think it’ll be fine and it could be you next.”

Anyone with any information about any of these attacks can call the police on 0161 856 3925 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.