Man violently glassed in the neck on dancefloor of Deansgate club

Club Liv has now been forced to shut its doors

Panicked revellers watched in horror in Club Liv in the early hours of Sunday morning – as a man was violently glassed in the neck on the dancefloor. 

The celeb hotspot, just off Deansgate, only opened its doors in April, and had been regularly entertaining the city’s footballers, WAGS, soap actors and good looking people.

But now, police have stripped them of their license after the attack, forcing the plush venue to shut down.

In the terrifying attack, one unfortunate punter was partying in the small hours of Sunday when he was stabbed in the neck from behind with a broken bottle.

The victim was rushed to Salford Royal Hospital with deep wounds to his neck once police were on the scene.

The assailant, who is described as a black male around twenty who was wearing black clothing, reportedly managed to get away before club security were aware of the injury.

The bar, just off Deansgate, became a popular celeb haunt shortly after it’s glamorous opening in April. Earlier this month Helen Flanagan partied the night away with some of her corrie co-stars after Manchester Fashion Week.

But now the lavish club has been forced to shut its doors after their license was stripped from them pending further review.

Deansgate

A spokesman for the club’s management said: “The assailant made off from the club before management were aware of the injury.”

“As a result of this incident, the licensing committee have suspended our licence.”

“We are working with GMP and the council to agree measures so that we can re-open the club as soon as possible.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NakPKbrc9o8

And this is just the latest incident in a spate of violence plaguing Manchester’s famous clubbing stretch. Last week horrifying footage showed a the moment two assailants on a bike fired shots at the Living Room.

Another Deansgate club, Circle Bar, closed its doors at the end of last year citing the strict licensing measures that had been imposed by the council following a bloody punch up a few months earlier.

And it’s not the first time Club Liv has made headlines – earlier this year a pregnant girl was refused for her wearing flat shoes.