Go to Manchester Uni? You must be from London

They’re everywhere

Manchester seems to have become the go to place for students from London (the ones who deem themselves as a little bit too cool for Leeds).

Most freshers probably live with a Londoner, or you’ve probably noticed an Air Max wearing, dip-dyed haired Londoner walking into a lecture.They’re everywhere and they’ll never let you forget about it.

But what defines a true “Londoner”? The shoes? The hair? The style? Well it’s quite literally the postcode. If your address doesn’t end with an SW13 or an E2, there’s a high chance that you won’t be accepted by the exclusive group.

That includes the begs North West of the city who claim to be from London. Because god forbid that a real Londoner could fall asleep on the tube and end up in Watford…

Two Londoners becoming best friends because they are both from the best city in the world

The first most noticeable thing about Londoners is probably that they’re all friends and that all their friends are Londoners.

They may not admit it, but the typical Londoner is forever slightly content about being cooler than those not from London. They’ll happily admit it to other Londoners though.

Not only does it rain a whole lot less in London than the northern cities, but London is in fact recognised as the official Mecca for hipsters.

A typical student ridden with embarrassment because he’s not from London

Exhibit A: Tai from Streatham trying to bring back dubstep with an earring and warm head

However, it seems that these edgy kids are a little too scared to cross the Thames into Northern territory, the part of London where no one can really afford to live. Where you’ll be forever reminded that the Olympics happened in London (even if it didn’t take place on the red carpeted streets of Kensington).

This is where the less-edgy but more ‘classy’ Londoner is found. The natural habitat of these trustafarians is Mayfair clubs and regular lunch dates, splashing out their parents’ cash amongst the cast of Made in Chelsea.

‘Best friends’

There is one characteristic that all Londoner’s have in common, though; their voice. No matter whether a Londoner is from South or North London, they will always, without fail, instantly become more ‘from London’ when striking up conversation with another Londoner.

This, and the fact that all Londoners are undeniably smug about living in the capital and get very excited to show off when their non-Londoner friends visit.