Man dies after suspected MDMA overdose at Academy
A man was pronounced dead after collapsing at Manchester Academy on Saturday night
A man has died following a suspected MDMA overdose at Academy this weekend.
It’s thought that the 30-year-old male, who was attending a gig at the venue, took MD earlier that evening. He was then rushed to hospital where he later died.
The incident took place on Saturday 8th February and the man died in the early hours of Sunday morning.
While the post-mortem has proved inconclusive, police are maintaining that the death was drug-related – with the popular party drug ecstasy the prime suspect.
Police have begun an investigation into the incident calling on anyone who may have been at the event to provide any information they may have.
If you know anything, the police have provided a number to call – 0161 856 4223 – along with a warning of the dangers of taking such illicit drugs.
This is the second fatality connected to MDMA in the past few weeks following the tragic death of Daniel Spargo-Mabbs, the 16-year-old student in London.
If you are planning on taking MDMA or something similar, there is a global database which monitors the intensity and dangers of its various forms: http://www.pillreports.com/