Best places to cry on campus

Let it out babe

crying exam stress

At this stressful time of year emotions are running high and it is most important that you allow yourself to indulge in a little bit of expression.

Contrary to popular belief, crying on campus is not a shameful or embarrassing experience. It will help you to release stress, feel sorry for yourself, get others to feel sorry for you, and then allow you to get on with your day.

image-15

It happens to even the bravest ones

So, for the theatrical criers among you, head for a balcony. This will allow as many people as possible to see you weeping and to ask you what’s wrong, so you can explain how much you hate your life.

Samuel Alexander: the ultimate dramatic venue

For the exhibitionists among you, who might not want a lot of attention but like the idea of being seen, head to a window with many passers by. Anywhere in Ali G is perfect. In fact, this must have been the purpose of the design.

PDEs are the new PDAs

PDEs are the new PDAs

Ali G can also allow for a discreet momentary breakdown if you head to the lower ground floor that also has no other purpose.

image-2

A hidden gem

For the last minute panickers, sitting outside an exam hall and letting the despair roll over you is a good way of pepping yourself up. Alternatively, when leaving the exam hall check all your answers and make yourself feel like shit in the knowledge that there is nothing you can do now.

There’s always one

Even if you fight away the immediate post exam terror and head off for a celebratory pint at the Union, you can easily turn this into a teary tipple by drinking as much as you can in ten minutes and then bawling into your empty glasses.

Drowning his sorrows student style

Drowning his sorrows student style

For the more spiritual ones, there can be something very comforting about the inside of a church during times of trouble. The silence is unrivalled anywhere else in Manchester, so at the very least it can provide a bit of time for reflection.

Kneeling is obligatory

Kneeling is obligatory

An alternative quiet space for the non-religious can be found among the bookshelves in orange. With personal light switches, the mood can be set as you wish, and you are unlikely to be disturbed unless someone wants to read Irish Writings.

Practically invisible

Practically invisible

So don’t be afraid to allow yourself some emotional moments, particularly if you’re leaving this Summer. After all, it’s been a bit of a rollercoaster to say the least.

The Tab Manchester 🐝

last seen today at 12:03

Get Manchester news straight to your WhatsApp

What’s happening with Antwerp this week, who got busted in Tower and who’s wearing what in Fallowfield. Straight into your DMs. 😘