Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were at Loughborough Uni yesterday

The royal couple got competitive in a mini game of netball

At the beginning of this week, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle made their first trip to Leicestershire, stopping at Loughborough University.

The couple were visiting Loughborough uni to present awards at the inaugural Coach Core Awards.

The scheme was set up in 2012 by the Royal Foundation, and supports unemployed or uneducated young people by giving them the chance to become sports coaches.

The newlyweds got together with some of the young people, tutors and apprentices to play a friendly game of netball.

On team Meghan was gymnastics coach Scott Hann, England netballer Eboni Beckford-Chambers and tennis star Laura Robson. Team Harry was made up of former England batsman Mark Ramprakash, ex-England rugby player Ugo Monye, ex-US basketball sensation David Robinson and world record holder Paula Radcliffe.

After Harry beat Meghan in the game, he gave her a cheeky cuddle before the love birds made their way to the David Wallace sports hall for the award ceremony.

Crowds flocked to the university to see the couple and one royal fan, Zainab, was thrilled to catch a quick glimpse. She said: “They didn’t even wave at us properly but at least we breathed the same air as her!”