Image may contain: Urban, Neighborhood, Building, Canopy, Awning, Bench

More students reportedly crushed at the Students’ Union

New arrangements have been made for FND tonight

On Wednesday 31st January students queuing to get into Hey Ewe at the Students' Union were crushed according to reports on Facebook. This is the second time that such an incident has occurred at the Union this academic year.

In a statement released by the Students' Union, they have said how after the previous incident a "detailed investigation took place" and now "these procedures will be reviewed".

With Tinchy Stryder coming to the Union tonight, Friday 2nd February, the Union has changed some of its entry routes and is also set to open at the earlier time of 9pm.

The full statement from Loughborough Students' Union and comments made can be read below.

Image may contain: Letter, Text, Document

"Statement: Hey Ewe Incident (31/01/18)

We are aware of a serious incident that occurred during Hey Ewe (Wednesday 31st January 2018) on entry to the Union Building and as senior staff of the Students' Union we would like to sincerely apologise to those affected.

Following a similar previous incident, a detailed investigation took place and changes to our entry arrangements and opening procedures were made. These procedures will be reviewed, and all necessary changes will be made.

For FND tomorrow evening (Friday 2nd Februrary 2018,) there will be more entry points to the building, new timed pre-entry tickets will be made avaliable and there will be an increased security and police presence.

The safety and welfare of our members continues to be our number one priority and a detailed investigation led by the Students' Union, with the support from the University, is underway.

Andy Meakin & Paul Barlow"

"Hey do you know what happened?

Basically queues getting out of control resulting in people getting crushed and injured!"