Write for The Tab Loughborough this term

We’re recruiting Loughborough students to be our new writers

If you go to Loughborough, chances are you’ve stumbled upon The Tab’s articles. Well now’s your chance to be a part of that.

Have you ever disagreed with something we’ve said? Want to be apart of the student news site that got 9.4million views in April? Dream of a career in journalism and need to get your foot in the door? Then The Tab could be perfect for you.

The Tab is getting bigger and better

In the UK alone, there’s 52 teams writing stories for their uni’s. This can be anything from news stories on campus, feature pieces or a classic clubbers of the week. Besides Loughborough, by becoming a Tab writer, you could possibly write for The Tab National page or Babe, the beloved women’s site.

The work experience

If you’re considering a career as a journalist then you know how difficult it is to get that much needed work experience. The Tab gives you that chance that you need. The Tab has helped ex-employees to go on and work for The Telegraph and The Times, amongst other big media names.

You get a lot of support

You don’t need to be the perfect writer with amazing story ideas. The campus Editor is there to help you when you need it and can point you in the right direction.

It’s fun

We like to work as a team at The Tab so you’d be invited along to our meetings where you can share your ideas with other writers and meet new friends.

“The Tab have given me the opportunity I needed to get my foot in the door of the Journalism industry” – Lucy Burton, Loughborough Editor

“Writing for The Tab has enabled me to explore my preferred subject areas in some depth outside of an academic space, whilst also developing my journalistic skill-set” – Jamie Will, Writer

If you’d like to join our team message us on our facebook page or sign up here.