Kingfisher student house broken into after Exec reveal

They took thousands of pounds worth of electricals

A four bed student house in Kingfisher was broken into in the early hours of Thursday morning while one of the house mates was in bed. 

The students ordered taxis from ADT to pick them up at 11:15pm from pres at their house to take them to LSU for the Exec reveal.

Charlotte Leaper, one of the house mates, returned alone somewhere in between 3-4am and went straight to bed and was shortly followed by Andrew Rhys Jones, another house mate, at 4am.

When the next two house mates returned at approximately 11am they noticed their rooms had been trashed and stuff was missing. They asked Andrew if he had any valuables missing, which is then when they realised that he did, but Charlotte’s room had not been vandalised even though her laptop was on her bedroom floor.

(Andrew Rhys Jones, Charlotte Leaper, Dalton Bramley, Thomas Hopkins)

This led the group to believe Charlotte had been asleep in the house when it got broken in to and that as soon as the burglars noticed she was in the house, they fled. Therefore, they believe the house was broken into between 3:30-4am, before Andrew returned home.

Forensics came round later that day and found glove prints on various items. The neighbours also mentioned something about hearing noises but thought nothing of it.

The burglars took: two sets of car keys, two Apple Macs, two normal Laptops, a limited edition Xbox One, a Sony camera, a large selection of Xbox games and controllers, Beats head phones, a back pack and a pair of trainers.

One of the residents Dalton Bramley, a second year Information Management student, spoke directly to The Tab and said: “I felt very frightened and emotional when I realised what had happened.

“The most upsetting and worrying part about it is that we believe Charlie was in bed at the time so we are just grateful that she wasn’t harmed and that she’s OK.

“It’s really emotional to think there has been an unwanted presence in your home and that they could easily just come or do it to somebody else. If I were to offer advice to people when going out, maybe order taxis to collect you from a different location and also leave a couple of lights on that are visible so it gives off the impression someone is home.

“Awareness definitely needs to be raised as it’s becoming a huge problem now especially in the student area of town.”