Rowe banned from campaigning after inappropriate projector use

He projected onto the Whitworth building

James ‘Rowemance’ Rowe, who is running for the position of EO Finance and Commercial Services in this year’s Exec Elections, has been banned from campaigning for the next six hours. 

According to Kushal Shah, Chair of the Elections Committee, Rowe has breached rule 4.7 of the Candidates pack in regards to the failure of declaring campaign material, which in this case is a projector.

Last night, Rowe projected his slogan onto the side of the Whitworth building, encouraging people to vote for him after this campaign week, but this was 24 hours before the use of the projector was allowed.

Shah continued: “The impact of this on campaigning was large and therefore he will receive a six hour, full campaigning ban, beginning at 3pm today which is the 25th February and ending on 9pm of the same day”.

We spoke to Rowe and he informed us that he is appealing the ban. He said: “I am hopeful that the ban will not stand because of a small ambiguity in the candidates pack. If the elections committee leave the ban as it is I will just campaign even stronger at 9pm tonight.”