Campus Fashion: How to tackle the weather while looking good

Comfort is key

Parading around campus for an hour or two will leave you finding gems you never knew existed on Loughborough grounds, from the girls who literally “threw on something warm” and still managed to grab your attention, to the ones who wanted a splash of colour or the guys who went for the laid back casual look by adding slightly scruffy collars and hints of sportswear.

Bao Yugian, International Relation and Financial Politics

Bao’s outfit just works, and why?  Every item pops but they all still compliment one another. The key here is to create balance, she uses classic docs and those clean-cut trousers as a backdrop to those funky polka dot socks. The cool, cropped but super simple knit is the perfect canvas for that striking boyfriend coat with the quirky print and ridiculously warm pockets.

Lottie, History and Politics

Lottie’s look screams “I’m not compromising my health or my style”. She sticks to the basics with jeans, sturdy shoes, a jacket and backpack, but you’ve got to admit, that jacket is something special. It’s cropped at just the right place and is super thick – playful yet practical. What makes it even more special is the way that backpack bounces off it, it’s a combo that is unlikely yet works.

Max, History

Max is a London boy and we all know London is the hub of creativity, it’s where boundaries are stretched. His look is relaxed yet a statement, the oversized beige jumper and Timberlands give off Kanye vibes,  he then puts his own spin on it with the slightly loose joggers  and a unique necklace. Max is definitely inspired by his West London roots.

Claire, History and International Relations

Claire loved her “ridiculously pink, in your face”  jumper and she wanted everyone to know it. She’s right, you can see it from a mile away, but it’s a pink that’s cute and playful and the addition of the birds makes it even cuter.  She juxtaposes this jumper with her worn in grandad jacket and manages to tick all the style boxes without trying to hard.

Aaron, Management Science

Aaron is all about sports lux in this attire, he sticks to a specific colour palette, one consisting of white, greys, blacks and navy. He aims for minimalism in everything he wears: “simple, clean and fresh” as he puts it. He can transition from casual and sporty one day to smart and chic the next.

Shireay, Management Science

The first thing you’ll notice about Shireay is her hair, cherry with hints of purple, oh and that  laptop case. Shireay says she loves everything long, the long structured coat and the long dress testify to that. Her style is simple but with quirky elements, the navy and black allows the white sole, the polka dots the bright hair to pop.

Lucy, Management Science

Lucy’s look is more classic and feminine, she’s wrapped up in a wool trench coat and a pair of over the knee boots (which will make your legs look amazing ). But there is no way you won’t notice that pink piece attached to her, not only is it bright pink but its glossy and textured. It is such a statement, especially against her classic look.

Oliver Cousins, English with American Studies

Oliver is probably one of the swankiest bargain hunters around, everything is discounted and almost everything is from eBay. The cherry red shoes are fun, but still formal looking, Oliver compliments these shoes and makes them stand out even more with a casual take on the double denim trend.

Hollie Andrews, Textiles, Innovation and Design

As an Art student, you can imagine she always has those creative juices flowing and her outfit is no exception, it simple, but its all in the detail. The ripped jeans and red worn-in boots add a vintage quality which is then amped up by the red lip. It says “yes another day in lectures, but I’m still glamming it up”.