Loughborough Design grads are the most employable in the UK

Big up

The British Industrial Design Association (BIDA) have named Loughborough grads the most employable in the country.

BIDA asked over 1,000 design practitioners which design schools had the most employable product or industrial design graduates, and we came out on top.

From a list of the current 70 institutions in the UK, respondents selected five design schools which they felt really excelled in this area.

Lufbra was named joint first alongside Brunel, after being chosen by 55 per cent of respondents. Northumbria came second with 46 per cent, whereas Nottingham Trent and Bournemouth came joint fifth with each chosen by 12 per cent of respondents.

Our design students are the best in the UK

Of the survey findings the BIDA said: “The difference between the top five institutions and the other 62 was stark. Half were not chosen at all, and a further quarter of institutions were selected only once or twice.”

Amil, a Design Ergonomics Finalist spoke directly to The Tab and said: “The teaching is pretty ace. Design-wise we have some of the best. And us students are pretty sick too.”

Professor George Havenith, Dean of the Loughborough Design School, told the Loughborough Echo: “At Loughborough we pride ourselves on the high calibre of graduates we produce. We work hard at the Design School to ensure all our students leave Loughborough with all the skills, knowledge and experience they need to succeed in their chosen careers. This survey is testament to that.”