Hodor to headline Game of Thrones fancy dress grad ball

GoT is coming to Luf

The SU gave its soon-to-be-grads the choice to pick from the following themes for their ball: Frozen, Game of Thrones, 70’s Retro and the popular, Las Vegas. 

Finalists voted in their hundreds for their favourite theme, and surprisingly the favourite is the series sensation, Game of Thrones.

Not only will the SU be decorated in a Game of Thrones-esque way, comprising of medieval tapestries hanging from the ceiling and each table being equipped with candles and plastic swords, but every attendee has to dress up according to the chosen theme.

Students will have the option to dress as any character from GoT, ranging from House Tyrell to the easier, and more student friendly, Wildlings.

Loughborough Finalist and BNOC George Hones said this on the theme and dress code reveal: “Whilst I enjoy the show, short of decorating with decapitated bodies and pictures of incest, how does one accurately portray a Game of Thrones motif? It’s very dark. Do we have to wear old grotty robes? I was hoping to look fresh to death in a tux”.

The SU have said as part of the ticket price, not only will each student get an extravagant three course meal, they will also receive a medieval-styled velvet cape on arrival which they must wear for the entirety of the evening.

Students will have the opportunity to vote for the best costume, and the winner will sit on the Iron Throne which will be situated on the Room 1 stage next to a Daenerys Targaryen or Jaime Lannister impersonator.

Hanging over each table will be a dragon piñata, filled with chocolate golden coins, that students can bash down once they have finished their meals.

The SU have organised for professional flame breathers to be at the event, as well as dwarves dressed up as Tyrion Lannister serving drinks and canapes.

For this event, Hodor will even be coming back to Loughborough to DJ as part of the after-meal entertainment where he will present some of his latest tunes.

Before you order your Jon Snow outfit, check the calendar…