Welcome The Epinal into your lives, we’re not going to breathalyse you

The Epinal is committed to delivering stories that will shock, amaze and entertain.

| UPDATED change switch the epinal the tab

In April this year the founders of The Epinal, Jago Pearson and Andrew Lawton, handed the reigns of Lufbra’s first independent student publication over to The Tab.

The Epinal is already a well-known name on campus. This won’t change. Lufbra students will still solely run The Epinal, the paper will receive professional guidance from The Tab.

Cambridge graduates, Jack Rivlin and George Marangos-Gilks set up The Tab during their university years and have seen the publication grow and grow. Not only do the pair oversee editorial teams across the country, but have assembled an impressive team of fifteen who all specialise in various aspects of media and journalism at their head office in Farringdon, London.

Jack and George enjoying the Summer Party after reaching the milestone of 2 million readers a month

Both The Epinal and The Tab were set up to provide an ideal platform for students to express themselves free of university censorship and bureaucracy. Over the next year, we will deliver comprehensive news coverage, reaching the heart of Lufbra.

This primal focus on news is a defining feature across all The Tabs in the country.

Our writers will step away from their desk and report on what is happening in our small town and what is important to you the reader.

© All Rights Reserved | Ali Shahbandi Photography and Sync Loughborough

We will deliver high quality content that students want to read. The Epinal won’t compete with the likes of The Telegraph or The Guardian when reporting on national affairs, but we will produce articles that are interesting to you, as students at Lufbra.

The Tab are unparalleled in their delivery of student journalism, we reach the heart of student interest, we know what you want to read, because we are students.

This has been recognised by newspapers such as The Sun and the Daily Mail who have taken our exclusives to national print, such as Jeremy Kyle getting pepper sprayed and England Cricketer, Gary Ballance, going on an all night bender.

The Tab are nationally recognised

The Epinal is committed to maintaining the high standards set by each Tab across the country, producing articles that will shock, entertain and amaze.

The rapid growth of The Tab means that we are now able to offer you money in return for a scoop!

So if you see something disgusting in Echoes or you overhear something cringe in the library we want you to tell us and we can pay.

We are committed to providing opportunities to the students of Lufbra. A commitment that has been elevated due to The Tab’s close bond with major media outlets, including The Metro.

This summer we hosted our first joint venture with The Telegraph, where students across the country gathered to listen to the top minds in journalism.

The Tab’s joint venture with The Telegraph

If the formalities aren’t for you then maybe The Tab’s Summer and Christmas parties are. Free booze and rich conversation accompany these evenings, as well as a hefty amount of cheddar.

One of the highlights of this years Summer party

We ensure that our team is catered for following graduation. This could be through a weeks work experience at Tab HQ or a summer internship with a national newspaper. Several notable Tab Alumni have gone on to work for the likes of BuzzFeed and the Evening Standard.

It promises to be an exciting year for The Epinal and it would be a shame for you to miss out on everything we have to offer.

Get involved. Join us.