How to survive your first DBE

Time to get yourself in the mood for the biggest night of the year

DBE is rapidly becoming known as the best night out in Loughborough with world class DJ’s and live acts performing the best and latest underground music.

Tonight’s end of year DBE party proves to be the biggest one of the year so far with all four rooms in the Union being taken over by an amazing line up, including Hutch, BeatNikEd, Artifact, Just Kiddin, Taiki Nulight, Melé, LEFTWING & KODY, Fred V & Grafix and the very popular Duke Dumont, as well as DBE’s resident DJ’s.

Thousands of tickets have been sold, proving it is not night to be missed.

Here are some tips for what to expect from your first DBE event:

1. Make sure you get yourself in the DBE mood with an intense pre-drinks beforehand. Create yourself a playlist of the latest house and underground music to really get yourself in the zone before arriving. It would be a good idea to look at the acts lined up for the night and have a listen to them so you know what to expect.

2. Get there from 10.00pm onwards to make sure you thoroughly enjoy it. Without a doubt it is going to be a busy night so make sure you get yourself there early and avoid the dreaded long queues. Don’t forget the unique last entry time of 23:23pm.

If you thought Hey Ewe was busy, try tonight.

3. As soon as you go in you’ll immediately notice the transformation of the Union from your standard Hey Ewe and FND, creating a unique atmosphere. The music blasting from each room creates a whole new vibe for the night ahead.

DBE fliers and posters have become iconic features of campus life.

4. Encourage as many of your friends to be part of the DBE experience with you – enjoy the night together and you won’t regret it.

5. One for the girls – ditch your heels and dressy outfits and go for the more casual and comfortable look in your trainers and high-waisted shorts. This way you can spend the whole night at ease and ready to fully grasp the DBE feel.

6. Even if you don’t initially think this night will suit you, give DBE a go as it is a completely different night to the ones you usually experience in Loughborough. It gives you a fresh outlook on new and different types of music that are not normally played in the union.

One of DBE’s Resident DJ’s Puddy said: “DBE is about experiencing new and exciting dance music whilst having fun, this is what you should be doing if it’s your first time”.

Remember, everyone is there to enjoy the music, not get really drunk, so just embrace it and I’m sure you’ll be returning next year”!