New Chris Pine and Thandie Newton movie ‘All the Old Knives’ being filmed by Senate House

“Pretty sure I just saw Jonathan Pryce getting swabbed in that trailer”

Malet Street, Bedford Square and Senate House are awash with film crews, cameras and Covid testing tents for the filming of new Chris Pine movie “All the Old Knives”.

The new Amazon Studios project is a spy thriller based on the novel of the same name by Olen Steinhauer. 

The cast of “All the Old Knives” include Chris Pine (Star Trek), Jonathan Pryce (Game of Thrones), Thandie Newton (Mission Impossible), Laurence Fishburne (The Matrix) and Alexander Devrient (The Danish Girl). Pine is also an executive producer of the film.

The thriller, which was first announced in May 2017, began filming in December 2020 and follows Pine and Newton as CIA operatives and ex-lovers who meet for dinner to reminisce about their sojourn in Vienna six years prior. As the conversation shifts to the hijacking of Royal Jordanian Flight 127, which is the reason for Pine’s trip to Carmel-on-the-Sea, the pair begin to realise that only one of them can survive their lavish repast.

chris pine set

Janus Metz is set to direct the latest Amazon project, having recently directed episodes of the Amazon original ZeroZeroZero. He is most widely known for his 2017 feature, Borg vs. McEnroe, which follows the 1980 Wimbledon final. The thriller will be produced with Chockstone Pictures and Nick Wechsler Productions, alongside Entertainment One (eOne). 

With such a decorated collective of actors in tow, the adaptation of Steinhauer’s critically acclaimed novel looks to be a great success. 

Chris Pine set

Head to Senate House to see if you can catch a glimpse of the cast and send any cool photos and tips to [email protected]