BREAKING: London households will not be able to mix inside from the weekend

The capital will move from Tier 1 to Tier 2 from Saturday

From midnight on Friday London will enter Tier 2 lockdown, meaning that the 9 million people living in the city will face new restrictive measures which will ban people from mixing indoors, including in pubs and restaurants.

London will be placed on ‘high-risk alert’ as a response to the number of Covid Cases skyrocketing, at UCL alone there are cases in every accommodation.

Matt Hancock will be addressing the House of Commons at 11:30 am for further information about the details of the Lockdown. Sadiq Khan has just made a statement saying that “It will not be an easy winter for the Capital”. He stated “Urgent action is needed to protect Londoners and bring the virus under control in the city.”

There has also been a call to increase testing levels in the capital so that it can match up to national testing rates because at the moment it is behind.

The new restrictions are meant to be comparable to those currently being enforced in Greater Manchester and Lancashire.

People will also be urged to make as few journeys out of the house as possible and to avoid using transport where they can.

We have contacted UCL to see how the new measures will affect teaching.