Image may contain: Worship, Temple, Shrine, Pillar, Parthenon, Column, Building, Architecture, Crowd, Person, People, Human

All the buildings around UCL’s Main Quad have been evacuated

This is the second evacuation of the day

All the buildings around the main quad have been evacuated after a fire alarm sounded at around 15.45.

The library, north and south cloisters, Pearson, and Chadwick buildings have all been evacuated.

Currently it is unclear what has caused the alarm to go off or when students will be allowed back into the buildings.

Image may contain: Pedestrian, Crowd, Person, People, Human, Suitcase, Luggage

Jade, a 2nd year history student, was in the library when the alarm went off described the situation as "Mad."

She explained that when the alarm went off students in the library all tried to ignore it because everyone presumed it was a drill.

Jade told the London Tab "In the room I was in we all looked at each other like 'are we actually gonna get up and leave?' But then fire wardens in jackets came and told us to get out."

"It was the most comedic fire alarm I've ever been part of."

When the fire alarm went off students appeared to be calm but pissed off about the fact that they had to leave the library.

Image may contain: Urban, Town Square, Town, Plaza, Downtown, City, Building, Architecture, Person, Human, Crowd

One student was overheard saying "I was just getting into my reading."

Part of the students frustration is caused by the fact it is unclear when the buildings will re-open for students to go back in and get there stuff.

This is the second evacuation which has happened at UCL today. In the morning all the building were evacuated around Gordon Square because of a suspected gas leak.

However, the was in fact no gas leak. Emergency Services discovered that chemistry department had just thrown away a non-toxic chemical which smelled like natural gas.

Updates to follow as we get them