Bentham is going global: The UCL founder’s whole body is moving to New York

He better hate it and come home soon

UCL is really doing well at shocking us at the moment.

First we learn that Jeremy Bentham's severed head is now on display for everyone to admire. And now we find out his WHOLE BODY is being relocated to New York.

Baby don't go

Baby don't go

The exhibition featuring Bentham's head is running until February 2018. Accompanying the exhibition, there will also be a series of public events culminating in 'A Wake for Jeremy Bentham' on 15th February 2018, which marks the 270th anniversary of Bentham’s birth.

After that, the auto-icon of his body will move to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to feature in a major exhibition on the human body.

But fear not, this won't be the last time we'll see Jeremy at UCL, as he's coming back in the summer:

Sad times

Sad times

The poster says: "When this exhibition [at UCL] ends on February 28, 2018, the auto-icon of Jeremy Bentham will go on loan to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. It will feature in a temporary exhibition there from March to July."

There's been some distress at this news. Third year German student, Helena, told The Tab: "UCL isn’t UCL without Jezza Bae".

Third year Human Sciences student, Serena, added: "I think it's shitty they're loaning him abroad. I love having him around, it's great, really weird and quirky."

Bentham insisted on the preservation of his body after his death so he could be brought out at parties if his friends were missing him.

So America better treat him well and give him a hell of a party in New York, otherwise we'd like him back pronto please.