Student assaulted on campus by man who ‘felt like f***ing everything up’.

The man was arrested by police.

A man was arrested on campus yesterday for assaulting a student after shouting he felt like “fucking everything up”.

Yesterday evening a man, who witnesses say was probably in his early-30s came into the Institute of Education (IoE) and started shouting and acting aggressively towards staff and students.

The receptionist on duty told The Tab that the man kept coming in and out of the building before shouting “I feel like fucking everything up”.

After seeming to calm down, the man threw two plant pots at the receptionist.

The plant pots, made of heavy ceramic, broke one of the computer monitors

Afterwards he then turned to assault a student, witnesses claim the assailant kicked and punched the student ‘very hard’.

The police were soon called and arrested the man at the scene.

Students said the man was drunk and may have been on other substances as well. His identity has yet to be confirmed.

One student who saw the incident told the Tab:

“What I saw was a really disheveled young guy with a can of Guinness speaking to a girl- most likely a student- on the sofas near the IoE info desk. He seemed angry, yelled a bit & stormed off from her pretty quickly.

“At this point the info desk was a mess, covered in soil- it looked like he had knocked over the flower pots

“A few moments later I walked back over again and 2 male students were talking to security- one said they should have stepped up more because students in the area wound up taking care of the situation instead of security. The other claimed that the young man had physically attacked him”.

The Metropolitan police have confirmed that a call was made at 16:50 and that a man was arrested by police on suspicion of criminal damage, a public order offence and common assault.

Were you in the IoE when this incident occurred?  If so, please contact the Tab London at [email protected].