The X Factor’s Honey G was a student at UCL last year

She studied Management

UCL is famed for notable alumni like Ricky Gervais, Coldplay and even Ghandi, the reputations of whom bring flocks of students to UCL every year, keen to bolster their intellectual achievement and develop their inquisitive minds.

The synonymity of such reputations do not however extend to one particular alumnus: Honey G from X Factor, who attended UCL just last year.

The ‘rapper’ who heralds from North-west London, has been one of the most controversial contestants the ITV talent contest has ever seen, and whose controversy grows week on week as furious fans lament the loss of other singers instead of her.

Since her LinkedIn was discovered last week, a glimpse in to the real ‘Honey G’ suggests she’s not quite as street as you might’ve imagined, with a Music degree and UCL MSc scholarship to her name.

The profile also reveals the 35 year-old (real name Anna Gilford) to be a recruitment manager with a coveted 500+ connections on the professional site, as well the owner of an enviable 7 recommendations that would leaven even the EFS committee a shade of green.

Anna’s LinkedIn reveals even more surprising facts though, like her tennis prowess (developed whilst at the same school as Amal Clooney), and her award for “Biggest Personality” from UCL’s School of Management.

Honey G will be in the quarter final of The X Factor this Saturday night on ITV 1.