London students pay the most for wine

London’s ripping us off again

After a long week of uni there’s nothing worse than going into your local and finding out that your uni sells the most expensive bottle of wine in the country. It’s typical isn’t it? But that’s what you get when you go to university in one of the most expensive cities in the world.

Online discount site, MyVoucherCodes.co.uk, has created a University Price Index to help students see if their university gives them value for money in all areas, whether its buying gym membership or a pint at a pub. 

London remains the fastest place to drink away the student loan

Not surprisingly, London-based unis such as Kings and UCL came top of the table, offering the most expensive wine at £8.00 a bottle- well above the average price of a bottle at £6.93.

The cheapest bottles are sold at Liverpool John Moores at a frugal £5.50, with Cardiff coming in a close second at £5.75. 

Twenty quid in liquid assets

This is definitely vital knowledge when preparing for pres before a big night out at Fabric…oh we haven’t even got that anymore. At least we still have Loop and Nest to fall back on.

Still, after a few bottles it’s wont just be the hangover that will hurt whilst reading the bank statement back the next morning.