One in twenty UCL students will be a victim of crime, new study suggests.

Kings’ students were one per cent less likely than UCL students

Crime statistics released last week indicate that one in twenty students will be a victim of crime each year.
Five per cent of crimes committed at London Universities affected UCL students.
LSE students were more likely to be victims of crime, whereas Kings’ was one per cent less likely to be affected.
university_college_london_-quadrant-11sept2006_1
The Complete University Guide has compiled a yearly report of the number of crimes accounted for from July 2015 to June 2016. The statistics, released last week are based on incidents per one thousand residents within student areas. The survey was compiled in areas which had proportionately higher student populations.
Crimes that were included in the survey included burglary, robbery as well as violent and sexual offences.

A UCL student was stabbed at a Brixton House Party in April

They discovered that UCL had a total score of five per cent for all crimes reported in London Universities and that three per cent of UCL students were likely to be a victim of violence and sexual offences. Using the survey’s findings, it seems that one per cent of UCL students were likely to be burgled and less than one percent were likely to be a target of robbery.
Kings’ students were one per cent less likely to be victims of crime compared to UCL students, but LSE students were two per cent more likely to be affected by crime, especially when it came to violent or sexual offences.
The survey’s findings can be found here.