UCL remains in top ten in QS World University Rankings

We have been named the best university in London

UCL has been rated the 7th best university by the QS World Rankings, with a score of 95.6. The rankings, released today, show UCL as the third best UK University coming in just after after Cambridge (4th) and Oxford (6th).

Released annually, the QS World Rankings rate Universities according to research, teaching, employability and internationalisation (how well universities attract students and teachers from overseas). This year, 940 Universities from across the World were included in its ratings.

UCL was ranked 16th for Academic Reputation coming in with a score of 99.8, a slight drop from last year’s score of 99.9. Similarly, its Employer Reputation which was ranked 20th globally with a score of 99.3, was down from last year’s 99.8. The level of work from UCL’s faculties which was cited this year was 83rd globally at 79.1, significantly down from last year’s score of 88. In terms of Faculty to Student Ratio, UCL slightly improved with a score of 98.7 from 98.6.

For Internationalisation, UCL was ranked 61st for faculty staff with a score of 99.1 and 18th for students with a solid score of 100.

UCL also came 7th last year with a score of 97.2, meaning there was a slight drop in the overall score for this year. However, UCL was the best London university according to the rankings, with King’s ranked 21st globally.

View the full rankings here.