Naked restaurant to open in London this Summer

It’s being described as ‘liberating’

Just when you thought we’d reached peak London, The Bundayi has creeped out from the woodwork, a new pop-up dining experience where diners are expected to eat naked.

The whole experience is being pitched as “natural” to a consumer market saturated with the weird and wonderful, boasting “only the most natural, home-grown ingredients to envelope its patrons in a Pangea-like world, free from phones, electric lights and even clothing.”

The clothing is theoretically optional, with a separate area for those looking to cover up, and guests can expect wood-flame grilled meals served on handmade clay crockery, set to be enjoyed with edible cutlery, in a bid to recapture the essence of the primitive human.

The tables are strewn “under a canopy of candle lights, creatively partitioned with bamboo and wicker” decorated with wooden furniture.

A blueprint for the space

Seb Lyall, founder, said: “We believe people should get the chance to enjoy and experience a night out without any impurities: no chemicals, no artificial colours, no electricity, no gas, no phone and even no clothes if they wish to. The idea is to experience true liberation.”
The restaurant is set to open in June but there are already more than 5000 people on the waiting list for the 42-capacity pop-up. More information can be found here.