UCL and King’s to hold JOINT graduation ceremony

It’s to save money

An insider source, who wishes to remain anonymous, has told The Tab how the University of London is set to release a statement next week detailing plans for UCL and Strand Poly to share a graduation ceremony.

The event, set to take place at the University of London’s Senate House, is rumoured to be on July 8th and combines the two largest universities in UoL in a bid to save money.

Senate House

Little over 2000 tickets are set to be released to accommodate almost 10,000 students and their families, a move described by UCL final year Jasper Mullin as “disgraceful”.

There is a fierce rivalry between King’s and UCL, dating back over 100 years, and over the years countless events have taken place adding fuel to the fire including the stealing of Jeremy Bentham’s head and Phineas, hence their current residences in secured glass boxes.

Such historic rivalry certainly deems the decision by UoL strange at best.

It is unclear at this stage quite how the logistics of gradation will work, but our source assured us that the individual robe colours would be retained, with UCL undergraduates repping  the classic purple trim.

The source added: “It’s a massive shame that University of London have decided to merge the graduation ceremonies of two huge British universities, and if I were a student I would be devastated by this news and the prospect of my family missing such an important day.

“I honestly just can’t believe it, on a day like this.”