Sorry King’s: Meet the Lacrosse girls ready to pulverize KCL

Sorry not sorry

This Tuesday, 5th March at 5:30pm, the Lacrosse ladies will be facing King’s team in their Varsity match. If that isn’t whetting your appetite, the team made an awesome video in preparation for the event:

You can support them at the Honor Oak Park Sports Ground for what is sure to be one of the most exciting matches of the series. Tickets are available here, and below are the girls ready to fight their way to a win.

We spoke to the captain, Nancy Morgan, about the team.

Charlie Godfrey Born, Goalie,  2nd year

“After an unfortunate bear-fighting incident which crippled her knee and left her out of the line-up in first term, Charlie has returned to the lacrosse field more nimble than ever. She spent her time off building up her biceps so can now clear the ball the length of the field. It is a well-known fact that Charlie makes bigger saves than the men’s goalie Jack Chaloner. If King’s even get any shots on goal, expect to see Charlie gobble them up.”

Chloe Hall, Defence, 4th Year

“UCL big-time and self-proclaimed queen of sass Chloe Hall is one of UCL’s most esteemed defenders. Never has a girl started so many fires, she’ll be sure to make King’s crack. Chloe claims she builds muscle at an above average rate – we’ll leave you to decide when you see her make a check.”

Anastasia Margaret Krystina Olga Natalia de Gentile-Williams, Defence, 3rd Year

“One thing we can guarantee on Tuesday is that King’s will score less goals than there are syllables in Annie’s name. Annie is a defensive machine. She successfully converts every single check and could make a KCL player cry with one look. She’s even been tipped to score a goal from D.”

Kate Earnshaw, Defence, 3rd year

“Don’t be fooled by her polite exterior, as long as she is kept safely behind the restrainer, Kate is a formidable force. When morale is low, Kate brightens the mood by singing renditions of popular songs. Listen out for her dulcet tones during Burlington Bertie.”

Alisha Dyson, Defence, 2nd Year

“Small but powerful, Alisha’s medical studies mean that she knows the exact volume of alcohol she needs to consume to pass out. Alisha’s lacrosse skills are nearly as good as her dance moves. Watch the promo video to see her finest work.”

Grace Panter, Defence, Masters

“After completing her undergrad at Durham, Grace is adjusting well to city life. As part of the UCL elite she has left her rah days behind her and has become a key defender. She will be making her Loop debut in Varsity week.”

Nadia Jeffrie, Midfield, 1st Year

“Nadia has the highest limb length to body ratio in the squad. If a ball is thrown within 10 metres of Nadia, expect her to intercept it. If she remembers how to slide, she also causes a lot of upset in front of goal. She doesn’t like pancakes.”

Alice Horn, Midfield, 1st Year

“Alice thinks Alice is hilarious. She can often be found next to Nadia. If she manages to stay on her feet, she is one of the most consistent players in the squad. Expect to see her working all areas of the field and scoring goals from D. If you get a minute, ask to see her game face.”

Nancy Morgan, Centre & Captain, 2nd Year

“Captain Morgan will use her boeing 747 arms to attempt to win the draws. She will be ensuring the perfect execution of attacking plays and trying to make King’s quit the game. She even took a week off loop to ensure that she is #varsityready.”

Harriet All-the-way, Midfield, 2nd Year

“Tipped to win Wanker of the Year after a recent blunder for which she was nearly dropped from this year’s Varsity squad, Harriet is determined to make up for her heinous crime by beating her personal record of scoring 14 goals in 1 match. Her international fans will be on the sideline cheering her on… if she decides to come.”

Lara Rossi, Midfield, 1st Year

“It is rumoured that Lara does not feel pain, after she played an entire match with a broken ankle. Lara has some of the maddest skillz in the team and as long as she doesn’t score any own goals with her bionic leg, she is one to watch out for. She has also won the award for the best lunges.”

Tilly Galbraith, Midfield, 2nd Year

“After her flakiness meant that she didn’t make the varsity line-up last year, Tilly has been doing all she can in recent weeks to prove her dedication to lacrosse by sticking to her motto “hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard”. Tilly sometimes forgets that lacrosse is not hockey. We’re hoping she remembers to pick the ball up on Tuesday.”

Aina Menneken, Attack, 4th Year

“Aina spent last year repping UCL Lacrosse in Japan and has returned this year with international all-star status. Arguably the most resilient member of the squad, Aina’s signature move is carrying the team when everyone else is too hungover to function. She always makes big shots and always converts.”

Tara James, Attack, First Year

“After transferring from a suburban backwater, Tara has excelled as part of the UCL elite. Despite doing a maths degree, Tara has the least common sense in the whole club. Don’t be fooled by her ditzy exterior – if she wakes up on time to make it to the match, expect her to cause some serious upset with her ability to dodge around any defender.”

Francesca Dakin, Attack, 2nd Year

“Fran has become an integral part of the squad in her first year as a member of UCL lacrosse. She works out more than the rest of the team put together so will be fiercely fit on Tuesday.”

Jenny Scharff, Attack, Masters

“Our American representative this year comes in the form of Jenny Scharff, and she doesn’t disappoint. She sometimes gets confused by bibs and jumpers but we’re hoping that it won’t get in the way of her performance on Tuesday. Expect to see her finish BIG.”
#bleedpurple