I went to London Fashion Weekend and it was awesome

There was so much free stuff

London is the fashion capital of the world, and anyone that tells you it’s not, is wrong. That makes London Fashion Weekend the perfect place to rock up in your most fashionable designer garms, flawless make-up and sexy catwalk strut.

Despite the long queue to get in to the Saatchi gallery, we were provided the perfect opportunity to look at what other people were wearing and laugh at the girls who decided to shave and brave the 2°C weather bare legged. Fashion is great and all but being warm and toasty is better. Among the fashion fanatics, we saw fish net trousers, black suede clogs with pom poms on them and two girls who were dressed for clubbing.

Once we got inside, we were stunned by the  three-floor maze of clothes, jewellery, shoes, accessories and make-up. It was like the golden fashion gates of heaven had opened and we didn’t know where to start. But then we remembered that our tickets included a free tote bag filled with goodies! So we went and claimed our prize and then began to browse the jewellery.

Ma free tote

The jewellery included row after row of rings, bracelets and necklaces, from bespoke gold and silver designs to funky, colourful African themed jewellery. And it was even affordable with silver and gold earrings and rings for around £30. Oh so tempting.

Then came the infinite racks of clothes. Some of the clothes were bizarre and loud while others were beautiful. But most were at eye-watering prices, which would’ve cut a large hole in my pocket even if they were reduced by 80%. Although, a Versace dress reduced from £900 to £100 is definitely a bargain.

Lookin’ like I bought stuff

There was also a section with really cool iPhone cases which caught my attention for five minutes. The woman even tried one out on my iPhone and it looked rather dashing in it. When she told me they had a 20% discount my heart started to race, only to be stopped dead when she said the discounted price was £108. That was my cue to runway.

The catwalk show was definitely the highlight of the event. The designer was Holly Fulton, who admittedly, I’d never heard of before. But some of her stuff was pretty cool and it was fun watching models walk up and down in ridiculous heels with such passive aggressive facial expressions. The host was also a silver fox who we saw earlier in Eat. It’s nice when you see the big people hanging out with the little people.

Strutting their stuff

After the show, we had a final wonder around, took some snaps at the Maybelline photo booth, and then headed out to take some selfies with the LFW sign. And even though I’m poor, pretending to be a rich, fashion diva for the day was a lot of fun and something I highly recommended.