Why a trip to the Super Casino is the best way to celebrate the end of exam season

You don’t need to be James Bond to win big

Once you step out the exam hall for the final time this semester, how are you going to celebrate?

You could go straight for the boozer, sink a few pints then hit up a club, but you’ve been doing that all year anyway right?

Here’s an alternative option. Practise your best poker face in front of the bedroom mirror and head straight to the casino.

My friends and I went to the massive Aspers Casino in Stratford Westfield for a night of chilled gambling and good food. I even left £50 richer. That’s how to celebrate in style.

FANCY WINNING ONE OF 100 ASPERS POKER SETS PLUS A CARRY CASE? CLICK HERE

If you go to one of the casinos in Leicester Square, you might as well be down the road in a rammed Piccadilly Circus club with city boys knocking drink after drink out your hand, it’s so busy. We wanted a way more relaxed vibe so checked out Aspers in East London.

Talk to me about casinos before and I’d have thought of Ocean 11 with silver foxes on the slots or James Bond hustling billionaire villains out of their assets.

But this place is different. You don’t even need to be a member or know how to play (they’ll teach you), and hardly have to be a professional gambler to get the hang of it. They also had more games than any other casino in the UK, so if you’re rubbish at one thing it’s easy to switch to another.

When I walked into the huge casino floor they offered me a place in their free loyalty scheme, which got me involved in their weekly £5000 draw. That would put a nice dent in the student loan.

First up I had a go on the slots, but was pretty spoiled for choice with 300 machines to choose from. Next we hit the tables.

After a speedy crash course guide to the ins and outs of blackjack, we went straight for Clary’s Restaurant for an extravagant three course meal.

You’ll probably be Hank Marvin after spending two hours scribbling your (probably) genius theory about Stalin being a space lizard or how all Shakespeare’s plays were written by J.K Rowling in a time machine. The casino is a good place to finally wind down and relax.

The waiter started us off with a perfectly cold glass of champagne for each of us (jealous yet?) before we tucked into a three-course meal.

Honey-glazed grills or orange avocado salad looked extremely tempting, but I settled on the enormous fillet steak. I’d definitely recommend pairing it with the ever so moreish garlic and chilli prawns to start.

We couldn’t decide what to have from their dessert menu, so the group of us shared four different puddings. The cakes came in the form of fudge and coffee and walnut, while the amazing cheesecakes were strawberry and banoffee flavour. No regrets.

As always, cash rules pretty much everything around me so I was more than keen to get the betting started.

I turned out to be a natural and something of a maverick on the casino floor. Being a top baller, my fiver was transformed into a not-too-shabby £50 after no time at all.

After furiously pulling my hair out over revision notes and cramming all night for weeks on end, it was great to take a break out of the schedule to experience a casino. We definitely made a good choice coming to Stratford.

Aspers also happens to be the only 24 hour super casino in the UK so staying late isn’t a problem. It’s also bound to come in handy when the tubes run all night long from September when we’re back at uni again.

House parties are a permanent fixture every weekend, but they leave me with a pounding bass headache. Don’t even get me started on the hangover. This place has a classy Sky Bar, but it’s easier not to overdo things in laid-back surroundings when you’re not enclosed by ‘deep meaningful conversation’ and strawpaedoing.

Pummelling house headaches and cheap vodka were swiftly replaced with a far more gentle beat from the live band playing in the Sky Bar, with an elegant grapefruit cosmopolitan in hand.

The amazing view was certainly better than the tip I’ve been looking at from the library window over the past few weeks. Just seeing Olympic Park so close by made me feel healthier.

Why spend your celebratory afternoon shivering in the beer garden nursing an off-colour warm cider when you can have more fun in a casino?

It’s possible to have a cheap night and win big, even if like me you only turned up with a fiver.