UCL protesters cover themselves in treacle for oil ‘orgy’

They say the lube was ‘ethically sourced’

The Provost and UCL Council had to wade through 50 students holding an erotic “oil orgy” protest against the university’s dodgy investments in black gold.

Picture: Fossil Free UCL

It cannot be confirmed whether this is the Provost or not

Fossil Free UCL activists protested as university management entered a meeting suite in the Cloisters on Tuesday afternoon.

The organisers of the oily sit-in, which follows last term’s “Die In”, want to put an end to UCL’s £14.4 million stake in fossil fuels.

In a surprise move, one individual shouted “Let’s have an oil orgy” and the clothes were off with “oil” erotically poured over scantily clad protesters as the management arrived.

Picture: Fossil Free UCL

Picture: Fossil Free UCL

Provost and shell masked students rubbed themselves against each other and continued to chant “oil orgy” as each UCL Council member walked past for their 3pm meeting.

Protesters initially donned black clothing as a metaphor for “UCL’s black heart”, and wore Shell logo masks.

Childhood classics such as “UCL Council sitting in a tree… First comes marriage then comes divestment!” and “Council! council! Council! Divest! Divest! Divest!” were chanted while Burn Baby Burn played out as the protesters waited for the uni chiefs to arrive.

Oil me up baby

The only sour moment came as one unidentified person shouted “throw a lighter at them” as demonstrators danced in pretend oil.

The protesters said the demonstration was a success and is part of their ongoing campaign against UCL’s investment in unsustainable resources.

One organiser told The Tab that the substance used for the oil was ethically sourced.