What’s The Funniest Thing About Sochi 2014?

The kick-off of The Winter Olympics is providing not only controversy, but hilarity

clothes funny tweets russia sochi 2014 winter olympics

The 2014 Winter Olympic Games are looming, and all eyes are currently on Sochi, Russia.

So far, things aren’t looking great. With Russia’s implication of anti-gay laws, it is clear that they have come under a fair bit of scrutiny. However, this is not where the controversy ends. Hilarious yet worrying tweets from journalists and athletes over the past few days  have given us an inside scoop of what it’s really like to participate in the Winter Olympics this year.

With a myriad of unfinished/non-existent hotel rooms, it’s becoming more and more exciting to see how the Olympic Games will actually turn out.

Yet the drama is not restricted to the atheletes’ accomodation. With several new events making their debut at the 2014 Olympics, it is embarrassing to say that some of the courses have not been adequately prepared. One of these being the much anticipated yet “sketchy slopestyle course” (EpicTV), which has already knocked out a few athletes, including two favourites, Torstein Horgmo and Shaun White.

Lost luggage, stray dogs and uncovered man-holes (yup. That’s right.) are leaving athletes, journalists and fans alike all very unhappy.

However, Russia is not only to blame. It seems that for some, alongside the honour of representing your country at the Olympics Opening Ceremony, also comes the shame of wearing some horrendous outfits. Here are our top five.:

The Czech Republic – The hearts? The hats? Why?

‘Merica! – Polo Ralph Lauren does it again. Sort of. Not really

Mexico – Okay a little bit excited about this one

The volunteers’ uniforms – a kaleidoscope of fun

Latvia – takes the win. FIT.

All I can say is that this years’ Winter Olympics will be one for the books, and I for one can’t wait for it all to kick off today!