London Student Date Site Launched

An online dating website, aimed at London uni students launched today.

gowerbuzz

For all the lonely hearts (or hard-ons) out there, there is a new solution to dreaded singledom.

UoLDating.com, a website dedicated to hooking up single University of London students and alumni, launched today, cornering the market for sex starved students across the city.

The site,was created by UCL PHD students Ilya Zheludev and Reece Wood who want to challenge traditional perceptions of finding love online. 

"Online dating has  this image of old, desperate people and we want change that by tailoring it to the London student lifestyle."

The site which allows girls to sign up for free, also boasts to being cheaper than most other sites because ‘we understand that being a student means having a student budget’

Zheludev and Wood are also targeting  those who are a bit shy when it comes to attracting the attention of a potential love interest. 

"When people come to university they are interested in meeting people in their own halls, but they might not have the confidence to do so."

When signing up for a profile, potential shaggers can pick what they’re looking for in a partner. Categories include ‘Friends and to just hang out’ ‘one night stand’ ‘dating and let’s see where it goes!’ and ‘love’.

Members of the site can send love interests friend requests, chat online, and bond through their mutual fondness of ULU Bar.

However when posing students with the question of whether they would try online dating, the response was somewhat skeptical.

Laurie Sgroi, first year Physics student and 20-year-old babe magnet was hesitant about students using the site to meet potential partners.

“I prefer meeting people in person. I find people are different online to how they are in real life.”

Second year History student Charlie Humphries said that online dating was “really awkward. I'd much rather meet someone in a more natural situation”

“Though I can understand that for some it might be a great way to match people who are likely to have similar interests.”

The jury is still out on the success of the inter-collegiate dating pool. For other solutions to love troubles, try Moonies. Or perhaps a ‘Sugar Daddy’ is more your style? 

You can find University of London Dating at www.uoldating.com 

Disclaimer: UoLDating.com or London Dating Solutions Ltd are in no way affiliated, associated or part of the university of London or its website www.lon.ac.uk, or any one of the Universities or London's member colleges mentioned anywhere on www.UoLDating.com