RAG Bungee Jump: What you need to know.

UCL Buzz catches up with the event’s organiser, Maggie Cheung.

Features rag

On Tuesday 13th March, UCL students will be bungee jumping into the Quad from a height of nearly 150 ft. As RAG Society preparations hit their final stages, the UCL Buzz catches up with the event’s organiser, Maggie Cheung.

This is the first I’ve heard of this event; are there still places available?!
Yes, but some popular slots are filling up fast. There are no more spaces for the 10:30-11:00am, 12:00-1:00pm and 1:00-2:00pm slots but the others are still available!

I’m a UCL student who is far too scared to jump but I want to watch, how can I?
The first jump begins at 10:30am and the last jump would finish at 6pm. The jumping slots are an hour long each and I would suggest arriving early to avoid disappointment!
If you want to watch, it’s easy, you just need to come into the quad any time during the day!

How much are you hoping to raise, and who for?
We are hoping to raise about £3000 for St Mungos charity for the homeless and Great Ormond Street Hospitals. They are great causes and we're proud to be supporting them.

What has been the hardest part of organising this RAG event?
Definitely sorting out the paperwork and the union side of things! There are so many forms we need to fill in and people at the union we have to talk to. It's my first time running a big event like this so I wasn't familiar with all the management side of things, but everyone in RAG helped and worked together to make this happen, and it's gonna be great!

Are you excited about making UCL history?
SO EXCITED. It's the first time anything like this has happened at UCL – bungeeing into the Quad – I mean, who would miss out on an opportunity like that? It's going to be brilliant.

The UCL Buzz will be around on the day, watching the fear, trepidation and elation on our lucky bungee-jumpers' faces!