You’ll be able to go clubbing in Liverpool before June 21st!

It’s part of a government test to see how to safely reintroduce large events

Venues in Liverpool are set to reopen before June 21st, Liverpool Echo reports

The UK government has announced it is working on a new pilot plan to allow people to safely attend events this spring, and Liverpool will be opening a small number of venues for the programme.

This includes opening a nightclub, comedy club, and business events venue.

Oliver Dowden, Culture Secretary, said: “These test events will be crucial in finding ways to get fans and audiences back in safely without social distancing.

“We will be guided by the science and medical experts, but will work flat out to make that happen. We want to get the people back to enjoying what they love and ensure some of our most important growth industries get back on their feet.

“These are important steps towards the safe and special summer we all crave and that I’m fully focused on delivering.”

As well as a nightclub, comedy club, and business event venue, other pilots will include spectator sports venues whereby fans will not be required to socially distance and will be under carefully controlled medical supervision.

Pilots are intended to test the layout of the venue, face coverings, and ventilation.

The study of each event that takes place in the programme will be supervised by a team of researchers who will be closely monitoring audience movements and interactions.

Anyone attending an event in the pilot programme will need to have a negative coronavirus test result before the event, and attendees will be tested after the event to monitor virus transmission.

Each event will establish a code of behaviour, to which attendees must adhere. Events will have their own specific rules, but this also includes existing government guidelines such as using face coverings.

You will not be granted entry to an event if you have symptoms of Covid-19, and you and your group in attendance must provide contact details for NHS Test and Trace.

Claire McColgan MBE, Director of Culture and Tourism in Liverpool said: “Liverpool is an event city. They are a critical part of our economy, culture and community and so we are delighted to be working with partners across Government, our colleagues at University of Liverpool and a number of local venues and promoters to plan this series of pilot events.

“Our experience as the pilot city for mass testing means we have the knowledge and infrastructure in place to deliver complicated projects safely, and we really hope we can help provide the evidence needed to ensure the wider sector is able to open across the country in the coming months.”