The next season of Peaky Blinders is being filmed in Liverpool

Film crew has been spotted outside St. George’s Hall

Peaky Blinders filming crew has been spotted setting up and filming for season six outside St. George’s Hall since early yesterday evening.

Stars Cilian Murphy and Paul Anderson, who play brothers Tommy and Arthur in the series, were seen entering St. George’s Hall dressed in costume for the Birmingham-based gangster drama.

Extras have been spotted filming an anti-Fascist protest with placards reading “Mosley out” being seen among the crowds, referencing to the fascist politician Oswald Mosley who featured in the show in series five.

Credit: SNWS

Props including umbrellas on wooden stands and classic cars have been seen set up outside St. George’s Hall.

Stars have been spotted with a skin-fade 1920s-style hair cut to fit in with the post-World War One setting.

Credit: SNWS

Character Tommy Shelby, who was elected as a Labour MP in the fourth series, is seen in series five to grow close to Mosley, who lead the British Union of Fascists in the 1930s.

When Mosley’s plot to kill the blackshirts leader in the fifth season finale failed, Tommy was seemingly intent on committing suicide and was filmed screaming with a pistol pointed to his head. 

Producers confirmed last week Sam Claflin will return to the series as the Hitler-supporting politician.

Credit: SNWS

The news that the filming for season six had started was released on Twitter by the official Peaky Blinders account on January 18.

The BBC is yet to announce a release date for the series, but fans are expecting it to show in late 2021 or early 2022.

Credit: SNWS