‘Kind-hearted and funny’ University of Liverpool student killed in lorry crash

‘He will be truly missed by everyone that knew and played with him’

Tributes pour in for “kind-hearted” University of Liverpool student who has been killed in a lorry crash last Thursday, Liverpool Echo confirms.

21-year-old Oliver Louis Knott was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash alongside 27-year-old Maisie Jade Ryan.

The lorry driver was admitted to hospital with injuries.

Oliver’s former football club, Thackley Juniors in Bradford, posted a tribute to Oliver on Facebook saying: “It is with great sadness that the club has learned of the tragic death of one of our former players, 21-year-old Oliver Knott.

“Oliver joined Thackley Juniors at Under-Sevens and played through to Under 18 level before leaving for university in Liverpool.

“He will be remembered as an intelligent, kind-hearted, funny character, who will be truly missed by everyone that knew and played with him.”

A West Yorkshire Police has said: “Enquiries remain ongoing to establish the circumstances of the collision.”

Individuals with dashcam footage or witness accounts at the time of the collision are asked to contact the Major Collision Enquiry Team via 101 quoting log number 284 of 18 February.