University of Liverpool confirms five-day extension on all coursework deadlines

You can now submit an assignment five days later without needing an application for an extension

The University of Liverpool has confirmed that coursework due in semester one can now be submitted within five days of the original deadline without receiving any penalties.

The statement, which was released on the University’s news site, says that there is no need to apply for an extension as all assignments will automatically be granted exemption for late penalties.

The original requirement to submit medical evidence when requesting exemption from late penalties due to personal illness has now been lifted for the rest of this academic year, the statement confirms.

The post ends by saying: “We will be emailing students this week with more detailed information about the package of assessment support measures we will implement this year.”

The University then thanks students for their patience whilst they work through these issues together with the Guild, who has been in regular with the University regarding academic support during the pandemic.

Adnan Hussain, President of the Liverpool Guild of Students, told The Tab Liverpool: “Myself and fellow Guild Officers, Imogen, Chloe and Ffion welcome the news from the University.

“We are looking forward to working with them in implementing a ‘’No detriment” to further help support students.”

The University of Liverpool has been contacted to make a comment.