Liverpool is officially in the new Tier 2: Here’s how this affects students

Pubs and restaurants will open with an 11pm curfew

It has been announced that Liverpool will be in Tier 2 after lockdown ends on December 2nd, along with London.

Liverpool is expected to be the first city to go down a tier in the system, following the mass testing scheme which has seen a dramatic reduction in cases. Before the current national lockdown, the city had been in Tier 3.

Tier 2 rules include hospitality venues such as pubs being able to stay open until 11pm, and you can drink alongside a substantial meal.

You can’t socialise with people outside your household indoors, unless they are in your bubble, and rule of six applies outside.

liverpool tier 2

Spectator sports can continue with whichever is lower of 50 per cent audience capacity, and either 2,000 people outdoors or 1,000 people indoors.

The majority of the rest of England is in Tier 2 with Liverpool. The only places to be put into a Tier 1 lockdown were The Isle of Wight, Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, and places in the highest Tier 3 restrictions include Manchester, Coventry and Leeds.

Matt Hancock will be releasing a statement shortly with more information regarding the new tier system.