Image may contain: Wristwatch, Pc, Computer, Laptop, Table, Restaurant, Electronics, Female, Furniture, Chair, Person, Human

Here are 10 of the most traumatic events experienced in the Sydney Jones

Turns out there’s worse things than the baltic temperature!

As exam season is about a month away, we thought it'd be cool to ask you anonymously for your most traumatic experiences in the Sydney Jones library.

You definitely went to town on what you told us, and we hope it's good advice for Freshers who might not know what the true horrors of an all-nighter in the library might look like! (Just a heads up, a lot of these stories contain poo.)

Image may contain: Library, Book, Hardware, Computer Keyboard, Computer Hardware, Keyboard, Face, Accessories, Accessory, Glasses, Room, Indoors, Laptop, Electronics, Pc, Computer, Person, Human

What a sight. Although, I couldn’t imagine anything being so important to make me want to run in the SJ to be honest.

“I was sat on the bottom floor of the library (you know, the busiest part of the whole library) and I had a missed call from an unknown number. I reluctantly answer the call as I saw it was a Liverpool number and it turns out it was my GP calling to talk about an STI. I couldn’t hang up the phone on a doctor, so I just had to sit there while everyone around me listened to a lengthy conversation about my infected penis.”

Well that must’ve been embarrassing. I’m sure they normally send it by text though, right?!

“One time I walked into the toilets in the Sydney Jones and saw someone shitting with the door open. In horror, I started screaming whilst he just stared at me blankly. I will never get that image out of my head again.”

Why do some people have no shame?!

“My friend and I were working late at the SJ and a random girl in front of us farted so loud it made the desk shake.”

This is the exact reason why you shouldn’t wear headphones in the library! Poor girl probably didn’t even realise.

“I fell off my chair in front of loads of people in the quiet study area and then randomly had a nose bleed out of nowhere!”

I’m sorry, is this a day in the library, or an episode of a Series of Unfortunate Events?

“I straight-up saw a girl get arrested because she tried to take too many books out of the SJ!”

Wow imagine being THAT dedicated to your coursework. If you want to know more about this jokes story, The Liverpool Tab covered it! Check it out here.

“Paying 9k a year just to freeze in the Sydney Jones.”

Why do they never turn the radiators on?!

“I walked into the lads toilets in the Abercromby Wing once and there was a fat shit ON the toilet lid.”

How is that even possible?!

“I spent 15 hours in the library yesterday and 7 hours today. I hate my life.”

‘Tis the season to spend a miserable amount of time curled up in the SJ trying to finish coursework.

“This one time I went to the SJ absolutely hanging. I needed to find a book for an essay, so I asked at reception and mid-sentence I chundered right on the Librarian’s desk (the one with the glasses and death glare). She looked like she wanted to batter me to a pulp. So embarrassing.”

Luckily for you, they’re not allowed to physically assault students!