Image may contain: Chair, Furniture, Shop, Footwear, Shoe, Human, Person, Sunglasses, Accessory, Accessories, Denim, Jeans, Pants, Apparel, Clothing

A definitive guide to the best vintage shops in Liverpool

Alexa, play ‘Thrift Shop’ by Macklemore

Owning fashionable and on-trend clothing items can sometimes be difficult on a student budget. Luckily, Liverpool is home to some of the best vintage stores where you can find absolute bargains and still look your best.

We've managed to narrow down the very best the city has to offer to hopefully give you some inspiration to go shopping. Here's where to look…

Soho's

Soho has to be one of my personal favourites. I’ve found my favourite pair of jeans in here, Polo Ralph Lauren for only £20! The range of jumpers, coats, jackets and t-shirts is amazing. They even have a great selection of shoes including brands such as Nike, Converse, New Balance! You’ll easily be able to keep up with the trends for sure.

Image may contain: Indoors, Boutique, Shop, Clothing, Apparel, Furniture

The store is made up of three floors which are filled to the brim with amazing finds. You’ll find brands such as North Face, Tommy Hilfiger, Harley Davidson and Levi’s all under one roof. They constantly are adding new stock so you should follow their Instagram. One of the best parts is that half of the second floor is packed to the brim with Levi’s. We’re talking every colour, every shape and size you could think of.

Image may contain: Human, Person, Indoors, Clothing, Apparel

They have a deal where you can buy 2 pairs for £50, perfect if you want to go halves with a friend or just spoil yourself! On top of that, every item on the bottom floor is £10. Yes, every item is only £10 and they have a deal with 2 for £15 as well so bring a friend to stop you from buying everything.

Image may contain: Handwriting, Text

In the words of Lizzie McGuire, this is what dreams are made of

Oxfam

Cheap and cheerful might be one of the most overused phrases but it’s true when it comes to Oxfam! They have some quality bargains, whether you want cookbooks or someone’s grandad’s blazer, you will find something you want or need in Oxfam. The best thing is, the money goes to charity!

Image may contain: Indoors, Pants, Furniture, Boutique, Shop, Apparel, Clothing

You can find on-trend items for less than a tenner and you can still look stylish without blowing through your whole loan. The store has a small but still impressive clothing section and even has a section in the back filled with records for all music lovers, not to mention the extensive clothing rail of last-minute Halloween costumes just in case Smiffy’s is all sold out.

Image may contain: Apparel, Clothing, Boutique, Shop, Closet, Room, Indoors, Furniture

The staff are so friendly and are also very grateful when you want to donate your first-year fashion fails. Don’t worry, we’ve all been there.

Image may contain: Closet, Long Sleeve, Human, Person, Sleeve, Indoors, Boutique, Shop, Furniture, Clothing, Apparel

Pop boutique

Coming in with a bang, pop boutique is slightly more on the pricey side, but it's worth the look. They have an amazing selection of vintage t-shirts, wind breakers and everything in between, as well as an extensive range of jumpers, jackets and a huge dress and skirt rail straight out of the nineties.

Image may contain: Window Display, Boutique, Shop, Human, Person, Clothing, Apparel

I’ve found some great tees and a gorgeous vintage bag from here. They carry their own range of clothing as well that still has that vintage vibe!

Image may contain: Clothing, Apparel, Indoors, Boutique, Shop, Furniture

Cow

Cow is a reworked-lovers dream! If you love vintage with a bit of a modern twist then you’re going to udderly love it here. They still have a huge selection of untouched vintage clothing so don’t worry if you’re not a lover of reworked items.

Image may contain: Dress, Boutique, Clothing, Apparel, Helmet, Window Display, Human, Person, Shop

Get moooooooooooving down to COW!

Next to Soho, they are probably home to the biggest selection of brands such as Nautica, Burberry, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger and so many more, not to mention the selection of jewellery, shoes and accessories that they carry.

Image may contain: Bazaar, Market, Boutique, Shop, Clothing, Apparel

The store is made up of two colourful floors with a huge basement so you definitely won’t be disappointed. They have an annual student event where they discount tons of their clothes so keep an eye on their Instagram page for events and offers. They also often advertise when they are hiring so turn on those post notifications!

Image may contain: Pants, Person, Human, Sleeve, Apparel, Clothing

69 A

This quirky store sticks out like a sore thumb with its old exterior looking like something from Diagon Alley, but it is one of Liverpool’s best kept secrets! This place is filled head to toe with antique furniture, posters, jewellery and clothes, making it a hidden treasure amongst Liverpool’s vintage stores.

Image may contain: Shop, Book, Bookstore, Indoors

This is probably one of the lesser known stores and the only one that we’ve mentioned that isn’t on Bold Street, but it’s worth the extra two-minute walk, situated on Renshaw Road.

Image may contain: Interior Design, Room, Shelf, Boutique, Apparel, Clothing, Shop, Indoors, Furniture

Compared to the other stores, this has the least amount of clothing but their Levi’s selection is impressive having a huge size range and as cheap as £19.50, bargain! You could find some amazing gems in here, just be willing to have a look.

Image may contain: Shelf, Bazaar, Market, Shop, Clothing, Apparel

Grin

This store arguably isn’t as impressive as the others but it is still worth a look. You’ll definitely have a smile on your face when you walk in here. Like Soho and Pop Boutique this place is filled head to toe with jumpers, t-shirts, jeans and a great selection of jewellery.

Image may contain: Sun Hat, Hat, Pants, Furniture, Shop, Boutique, Clothing, Apparel

They are home to garments not known of the mainstream brands you might find in a vintage store but there are some gems waiting to be bought!

Image may contain: Shop, Boutique, Apparel, Clothing

Take 2

The colour-coordination in this store is every tidy person’s dream. This charity shop is great especially if you’re looking for a specific coloured item as the store is set up into different sections according to which colour the item is.

Image may contain: Clothing, Apparel, Book, Bookstore, Indoors, Sweets, Confectionery, Food, Shop, Person, Human

Even though this is a charity shop and not an actual vintage store, some of the best bargains are those hidden amongst someone’s old cardigans and bags.

Image may contain: Wood, Interior Design, Indoors, Human, Person, Apparel, Clothing, Boutique, Shop, Furniture