Image may contain: Path, Portrait, Photography, Photo, Woman, Face, Outdoors, Road, Street, Metropolis, Dress, Female, Architecture, Apparel, Clothing, Pedestrian, Urban, Downtown, Town, Building, City, Human, Person

The best last minute graduation dinner spots in Liverpool

Bugger the grades, bring on the grub

For some students, graduation is an event that requires months of planning. From dresses and suits, to the hotels and fancy dinners. For others its an unorganised, chaotic whirlwind of last minute trips to M&S and un-ironed ties. For the latter, here's a list of some great dinner spots that are taking walk-ins this week.

Blackburne Arms

24 Catharine St, L8 7NL

Image may contain: Pavement, Sidewalk, Downtown, Apartment Building, Intersection, Asphalt, Tarmac, High Rise, Vehicle, Car, Transportation, Automobile, Metropolis, Person, Human, Neighborhood, Path, Street, Urban, City, Road, Town, Building

Perfect spot to celebrate

This gem is a stone's throw away from campus and has to be one of uni's best kept secrets. Cosy and comfortable without compromising on quality, the food in this place is killer. Great drinks, friendly atmosphere and a graduation menu to boot. This spot is certainly worth a visit. Plus you won't have to walk too far in those heels!

Philharmonic Dining Rooms

36 Hope St, L1 9BX

This staple has held a place in the city's heart since 1898 and will go on to do so for years to come. The famous Victorian-style panelled interior and wide range of ales will make sure grandad gets his money's worth and the traditional pub food will leave you full and smug you didn't have to fuss with deposits and booking confirmations.

60 Hope Street

60 Hope Street (duh), L1 9BZ

Image may contain: Plant, Walkway, Path, Town, City, Porch, Housing, Urban, Architecture, Building, Brick

#classof2019

Do it for the gram. This iconic insta restaurant is particularly popular amongst the more social-media savvy students. Get some great shots outside the distinctive entrance and fill your story with share-worthy pics of your dinner. Get in there quick though, availability is limited and tables will fill up fast. You don't want to miss out on this menu!

Art School Restaurant

1 Sugnall St, L7 7EB

For something a little up-market head to the Art School. It's fine-dining menu and a bright, photo-friendly venue make this a great option if the rents are footing the bill. This place will fool any family member into thinking you planned this dinner as meticulously as your diss. Little do they know the whole thing's lastminute.com (dissertation included).

The Pen Factory

Hope Street, L1 9BQ

Image may contain: Cafeteria, Alcohol, Drinking, Food Court, Wood, Glass, Food, Meal, Tabletop, Chair, Drink, Beverage, Pub, Bar Counter, Dining Table, Table, Dating, Furniture, Restaurant, Person, Human

Cocktails, cocktails, cocktails.

This underground restaurant is perfect for a rest-bite after a busy day of pomp and pageantry. Although they're shut on Mondays, if you can find a table here, you won't be disappointed. They have a great selection of cocktails and a courtyard garden to enjoy if you're lucky enough to catch Liverpool on a sunny day. Call ahead and grab a table!