Image may contain: Housing, Street, Architecture, City, Town, Face, Neighborhood, People, Road, Urban, Building, T-Shirt, Denim, Jeans, Pants, Human, Person, Clothing, Apparel

The Guild President for 2019/20 has been announced

Liverpool’s 2019/2020 student officers were confirmed at 9pm last night

After a week of campaigning, the student officers' election closed this afternoon at 2pm with 5773 votes having been cast.

At 9pm tonight, it was announced that the student officers elected to lead the Guild in the following academic year are: Adnan Hussain, Jodie Sylvester, Dylan Thomson and Eddy Gosney!

Your Student Officers for 2019/20: Adnan, Jodie, Dylan & Eddy ??????Congratulations to all of our candidates… looking forward to seeing what these four achieve ??

Posted by Liverpool Guild of Students on Friday, March 15, 2019

Third-year History student and new president, Adnan, won voters over with his policies such as making the Guild a more central hub for students, cheaper gym memberships, more affordable on-campus accommodation, a greater number of study spaces and increasing the number of wellbeing weeks hosted by the university.

Adnan told The Liverpool Tab: "I just want to say thank you to everyone who voted and I look forward to to working with my new colleagues Jodie, Dylan and Eddy."

Joining him to lead the Guild in the coming academic year are Jodie Sylvester, Dylan Thomson and Eddy Gosney.

Their campaigns covered everything from supporting the Guild's ongoing "Cut The Rent" and "Call It Out" campaigns, introducing or replacing bursaries to support the diverse study body financially and creating a relationship with the local community and businesses.

Speaking to The Liverpool Tab, Eddy told us that "after a tough emotional week it was well worth it". He thanks both his campaign team and fellow candidates, and tells us "the hard work has already started" and he has already started calling up individuals to kick start his policies.

This year's election sees students engaging more with the decision of who represents the study body, with the overall voter turnout being 20.41 per cent. This figure shows an increase in the number of students who voted compared to last year's 5655 voters.