Image may contain: People, Disco, Night Life, Party, Night Club, Apparel, Clothing, Hat, Club, Person, Human

Where to spend St Patrick’s Day in Liverpool

Thre words: Steins. Of. Guinness.

Liverpool's huge Irish population makes it the best place to celebrate Paddy's Day outside of Ireland.

Your student years in the city are short so don't miss your opportunity to snog an Ulster rugby boy or audition to be a member of the Riverdance cast on the emerald state's most important day.

Baltic Market

To celebrate St Paddy's Day Baltic Market are hosting a weekend of food, drink and live music. If steins of Guinness is what you're after, then Baltic Market is where you're heading. They'll be serving steins of Irish water all weekend. Plus if you want to get the celebrations underway before Sunday head here on Thursday and Friday as it's free entry!

Where: Baltic Market

When: 14th – 17th March

Price: Thursday/Friday are free or £3 on the door Saturday and Sunday.

St Patrick's Day Parade

If you'd rather spend at least some part of Paddy's Day conscious then head to the parade before you hit the pubs. The parade will start at 12pm at the Old Irish Centre on Mount Pleasant and makes its way into the city, ending on Renshaw and Benson Street. Expect Floats, Irish dancers and the Liverpool Irish Flute Band that will have you jigging all the way into town.

Where: Old Irish Centre, Mount Pleasant

When: 17th March, 12pm

Price: Free!

Image may contain: Leisure Activities, Lyre, Musical Instrument, Harp

St Patrick's Day Father Ted Quiz

This sitcom has blessed us with countless quotes and it's fair to say we will all be able to relate to Dougal on Saturday when he says "I've been drinking like a mad eejit". Test your knowledge of this classic and have a laugh whilst doing it.

Where: VideOdyssey, Toxteth

When: 17th March, 4pm

Price: £6.50 on the door or £5 tickets are available here .

Warehouse Sessions Paddy's Day Techno

If It's come to the point where you've spent too much time day-drinking and Galway Girl (the Irish, not Ed Sheeran version that nobody knows the words to) has been played eight times already then enough is enough; it's time to go out out. Head to warehouse sessions to listen to some local Irish talent that will in no way resemble the Dubliners.

Where: Hanger34, Baltic Triangle

When: 17th March, 10pm

Price: Free

Irish Pub Crawl

Image may contain: Face, Pants, Female, Night Club, Drinking, Lager, Beer, Club, Clothing, Apparel, Alcohol, Drink, Beverage, Party, Person, Human

If bars and pubs are more your thing, you won't struggle to find enough of them to fuel your day of drinking. We recommend you start at the Celtic Corner then head to Nelly Folley's on Great Charlotte Street. Pop into Maccies (trust me, your stomach needs to something else in it besides Guinness) and then head down Ranelagh Street to The Irish House, Lanigans and finish your tour off at O'Neill's. Or if you cba but still want an "authentic" Irish experience (a pic for the gram in an Irish pub) on St Patrick's Day you could always just go to McCooley's.

Lost

Paddy's night looking huge! ??Standard release now 70% sold out ?Grab a £4 ticket ?? bit.ly/LOSTPaddys

Posted by LOST UK on Thursday, February 28, 2019

Lost are throwing a St Patrick's Day Extravaganza! Arts Club will be transformed into the emerald isle and where better to regrettably snog somebody with a "kiss me I'm Irish" t-shirt on. Ideal if your not an early riser and wish to party the night away.

Where: Arts Club

When: 17th March, 10pm

Price: £5 tickets are available here.

Have a great St Patrick's weekend and drink safely!